Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Americana Keyhole Scarf -- Free Knitting Pattern

free keyhole scarf pattern
Americana Keyhole Scarf
(scroll down to KAL post #4 
for the free pattern download)

Qfknit has shared an awesome and versatile
free scarf pattern with the FiberKind Forum.

This keyhole scarf pattern is absolutely brilliant;
there is no need to tie it or pin it,
since it has a built-in keyhole
 to slide the tail of the scarf through.

It's so easy to wear!
The scarf stays snugly in place.

And this scarf is designed for worsted weight yarn,
which many knitters have in their stash.

Please visit the KAL forum topic to see the many variations
our group members have posted.

Here's my keyhole scarf, made with Red Heart Fiesta yarn
in a black and gold marled colorway:

black and gold worsted keyhole scarf


I started with 28 stitches.  Then I swung a measuring tape
around my neck to estimate the total length of the scarf 
(which ended up being 40 inches).

What a fun and quick project!

Qfknit has also provided a bunting keyhole scarf variation 
with a decorative edge:

keyhole scarf with ruffled edge

These scarves make super last-minute holiday gifts!


2 comments:

  1. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. sweater manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! You are welcome to post a link to my blog post about this wonderful scarf pattern. Please give credit to qfknit, the designer of the Americana Keyhole Scarf. You may share my photo of this scarf (the black and gold scarf), but please do not post the other photos of the scarf, because those photos are copyrighted by the designer, who granted special permission to allow me to post them on my blog.

      Delete